Dealing with stealing and lying...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Anyone out there ever had to address a student who you caught in a bold face lie or any one dealt with a student you caught stealing?

What did you do?


3 Responses to “Dealing with stealing and lying...”

  1. Blogger Gerrard Fess 

    Depends on the relationship. The older I get the more I'm to take them aside and say UMM want to rephrase that? Want me to goto your parents?

    Most students are honest, but body language and facial features gives alot of students away. Can you tell I use to play alot of poker?

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I teach 3rd grade and I have caught a few jokers from time to time lying to me. I usually talk with them and let them know that I witnessed the act. Then I go over why the action was wrong. But sometimes you have to look at the reason behind the action. Always think before you act.

    Izzy

  3. Blogger tony sheng 

    Not quite the same thing - but sort of....

    One time, me and a youthworker coleader of mine had a kid admit to us that he had smoked some pot earlier that afternoon, after some really strange behavior and our masterful interrogation skills (not). The clincher was that we were in the middle of a guys sleepover - that was at his house.

    Short term - we took the info and sat down with his mother, and excluded him from the rest of the nights activities with the other guys.

    Long term - this poor guy has major issues with interpersonal relationships, family identity, etc.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Team Members

Previous posts

Archives


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer