What type of Service projects do you find most effective with your group?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



In an effort to try and do a better job planning service opportunities for my teens, I was wondering what sort of formula do you guys employ? Part of our mission statement is to serve, other than finding it's purpose there what would you guys say are the best ingredients? My kids do a lot of fundraising and mission work, but I am thinking more in the realm of one day projects. God bless!


1 Responses to “What type of Service projects do you find most effective with your group?”

  1. Blogger Jason Retherford 

    Chris,
    Our congregation runs a compassion clinic, where we offer free medical care, free legal aid, and free dental aid, as well as a food pantry, and clothes closet. I try on a monthly basis to get my kids involved even in a small way with the work that we do downtown.
    Also, I have my kids serve at our Golden Age Banquet, and they enjoy it, or at least seem too. I am like you, lookin for more ways to involve my kids with service oppurtunities.
    I admire your desire to involve your teens in this endeavor.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Team Members

Previous posts

Archives


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer